Discover the Cities difference!
Cities Credit Union proudly serves the financial services needs of its member/owners. Each member must qualify for membership. A $5 membership deposit into a Share Savings account is required for membership (refunded when account is closed).
Cities Credit Union has three ways to qualify for membership:
1) Per our charter (amended 7-25-2014), members must live, work, worship, attend school or volunteer in the following communities:
- Vadnais Heights
- White Bear Lake
- White Bear Township
- Gem Lake
2) Family members of active members including:
- children/step children
- parents/step parents
- aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews
- household relationships (domestic partners or roommates)
3) Belong to a select employee group (SEG):
- CenturyLink (current employees and retirees)
- CWA Local 7201
- ATT telecommunications employees/retirees
- The St. Paul Hotel
- CU Recovery, Inc.
- Children's Discovery Academy
- Franchise Foods/KCB
Important information about procedures for opening a new account at Cities Credit Union:
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Cities Credit Union Member Referral Bonus Official Rules
Refer a prospective member to Cities Credit Union, and you can receive a $50 referral spiff!
- Prospective member must qualify for membership (family, community, SEG--see above)
- Prospective member must join the credit union, deposit the required $5 in their Share Savings Account and AT THE TIME OF ACCOUNT OPENING opt for one or more of the following to qualify for the bonus:
- savings with recurring direct deposit
- checking with recurring direct deposit
- 12 month or longer CD
- take out a loan of $5,000 or more
- If your referral opens and maintains an active account, you will receive $50 cash in your share savings account after your referral meets the minimum referral requirement, and your referral will receive $25 once their account is open for 90 days (3 months).
**You must fill out a Referral Form to receive credit for the referral, and the form must be filed with the credit union within six months of the referral joining the credit union. We will not honor referrals after six months.
Download referral form